Translate to another Language.

Thursday 27 August 2015

I AM GOLD!

I am from a family of six, three boys and three
girls. My parents always loved and cared for us
so much. When I was eight my dad took me and
my youngest brother who was five to his
godfather's (his baptismal father)house. Two
nights later I was asleep on the couch with my
youngest brother from watching cartoons, he
came and took me into his room at first I thought
he was taking me into the room to lay me on my
bed (like me dad always do). Little did I know
that he was taking me into his room to defile me.
While defiling me he used his hands to cover my
mouth from screaming. This man has a daughter
almost my age and another the same age with my
brother. His wife travelled to the village to see her
people. After defiling me he told me that if I say a
word to my parents that he will kill them all. I
was in so much pain I was scared to urinate,
after the break I came home unlike me again. I
was always fighting with my brothers. I hated my
parents for taking us to his house. My
stubbornness made my dad angry with me. He
took me to stay in my uncle's house
I had a very difficult time relating with the
opposite sex. All confidence vanished. I don't
participate in classwork, I had no female friends
or male friends. In my uncle's house I was
treated bad but I never complained. It was better
than going home and seeing my parents. I grew
far from my siblings. I was caned like a thief with
bruises all over my body. I was beaten with a
knife, wooden pallet use in turning garri, stoned
at with iron spoon but i never complained it was
better than going home I said to myself. when I
got to my ss3, I met a guy. He was my best
friend and on January 2008 he got me pregnant. I
hid the pregnancy for five months till my aunt
found me out. I got the beating of my life from
my uncle. My father came and told me to my face
that he wants nothing to do with me. My mum
never called to talk to me. She never wanted
anything to do with me. My uncle and his wife
treated me like a rejected child. On August 22 I
bore a son who died prematurely the next day due
to lack of attention from the hospital staff.
Parents should learn from my misfortune. When a
child is always angry don't send them away.
Have faith in them till you are able to
communicate with them again. Be careful about
who you give your child to. They might help you
in destroying the child's life more.
My guardians were happy the baby died and
shipped me to my parents. That same year I
wrote my waec, neco, jamb &postume. That same
year I got admission to study masscom in unn. I
changed my course to theatre and film studies.
From my eight years of age till now am 23 years
old I lost confidence and hope in life. I can't find
myself no more. Am lost in pain, I dont visit my
family and when I do I fight a lot with them and I
don't stay more than one week at home.
I have been reading all the posts on your group
page and it has really helped me deal with so
many communication problems and it's is helping
to build up my confidence as a woman and also
precious being.
I keep telling myself that I AM GOLD, no matter
what other people preferred me to be I will always
remain GOLD..

She probably thought the entire world was against her but now she knows that is totally false. I guess she now realizes her story can help others and that is why she decided to share. I am definitely sure she felt a relief when she shared this story.

Stop hiding the truth! Speak up! The more you hide the more it hurts.
Read encouraging articles and books; watch encouraging videos.  Do not forget to pray to God. Get yourself, your joy back and always remember you are GOLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinion, do not hesitate. Thanks, I love you all!