Translate to another Language.

Wednesday 19 April 2017

The Hope of a Mother

My first love,
Friend,
An imperfect but curious listener;
I see the Heavens clapping in appreciation for the goddess she is.
What a courageous creation?!

A good look at her old pictures kept a rush of emotions coming in;
Old enough to tell the difference between defeat and courage,
I prevented the gathered liquor in my eyes from getting me drunk in sorrow.

The loss in weight, beauty and meekness somehow serves as a source of fuel for my hardwork;
Embarking on a journey to put a genuine smile on her face again,
The diminishing accessory that causes her fading beauty.

Her ageing running faster than time,
Reminds me of the little time I have to make her proud.

Pardon me for my unavailability, over seriousness and unfriendliness,
Someone most likely needs me more.

A good steer at her flattened face,
her ageing breasts in an old underwear leaves me sad but not weary.

She looks straight into my eyes,
with no words spoken,
but I hear every word.

Her eyes tell me hope,
In the midst of fears and a weakened strenght,
And it is up to me.

Never!
Never!
Never! Will it be recorded that I ever gave up,
because if I did,
where will her genuine smile lie?
On her face?


1 comment:

  1. We need to always be reminded that we are our parents only hope. We must never let them down.Many who have their mother as a single parent would connect more I believe and those who feel they owe their parents a worth while living.

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinion, do not hesitate. Thanks, I love you all!